Firstly, I would like to thank ‘Outlook Traveller’ for inviting me to their event ‘Outlook Traveller Awards 2016 that took place on March 30th at ITC Maurya, New Delhi. It is such a great pleasure to meet the travelers and renowned listening to their inspiring stories and talk.
If you all know each year Outlook Traveller Readers’ Survey is done and covering the broad spectrum of travel; hospitality experiences and service providers are chosen and awarded for different categories. Outlook Traveller so far is the most credible source of information and critical appraisal of the travel industry.
The readers play a vital role in the selection of the best of the best in each category. They take part in the online poll on outlooktraveller.com and showcase the very best of travel experiences in India and overseas as determined by the valued readers.
There are 25 broad categories that are represented as the evergreen favorites like Hill Destinations, Beach Destinations, Adventure Tourism Destinations, National Parks, Heritage Sites, Responsible Tourism Practitioners and Wildlife Destinations.
Besides, readers voted to choose their favourite International Tourism Destinations in several categories, along with the preferred choice of Hotels in the Boutique, Heritage and Luxury categories. Not to miss out the Best Adventure Tourism Operators.
This year, there were three very special award categories that were instituted under the ‘Editor’s Choice Awards’. Outstanding Contribution to Travel, the Best Outbound Tour Operator and the Best New Hotel of the year were handpicked as the winners.
Curious to know who all won? Well, scroll down and you will be knowing the winners of the Outlook Traveller Readers’ Survey :
1. Hill Stations, Beaches, Heritage Sites/Destinations
- Best Upcoming Hill Destination – Lansdowne, Uttarakhand
- India’s Cleanest Beach – Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, A&N Islands
- Best Restoration of a Heritage Site – Mehrangarh Fort, Rajasthan.
- Best International Heritage Destination – Italy
2. National Parks, Wildlife Lodges, Responsible Tourism
- India’s Best-Conserved National Park – Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand.
- Best Birding Destination – Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand
- Best Responsible Tourism Practitioner (India) – The Blue Yonder
- Best International Wildlife Destination – Kruger National Park, South Africa.
- Best Premium Wildlife Lodge – Aahana—the Corbett Wilderness Resort.
- Best Luxury Wildlife Lodge – Oberoi Vanyavilas, Ranthambhore.
3. Adventure Tourism Destinations/Adventure Tour Operators
- Best Adventure Tour Operator, India – Snow Leopard Adventures
- Best International Adventure Destination – New Zealand
- Best Paragliding Destination – Bir, Himachal Pradesh
- Best Driving Route – Srinagar-Leh (J&K, India)
- Best Rock Climbing Destination – Shey, Ladakh (J&K, India)
4. International Upcoming Destinations
- Best International Wedding Destination – Seychelles
- Best International Island Destination – Maldives
5. Hotels / Resorts
- Best Boutique Hotel, India – The Manor, Delhi.
- Best Heritage Hotel, India – Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur.
- Best Luxury Beach Resort – The Leela, Kovalam.
6. Editor’s Choice
- Outstanding Contribution to Travel – Aman Nath, Chairman, Neemrana Hotels
- Best Outbound Tour Operator – Abercrombie & Kent
- Best New Hotel – InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort
CoupleOnBike has been to some of the places that have won the Outlook Traveller Award 2016 and many of them are on the bucket list which we plan to visit. Now that these have become the winners, we have got all the more additional reason to go the places and add to our travel stories.
Which places among the winners of Outlook Traveller Awards 2016 have you been to? Let us know!